Jim Richey
Posted: 01 December 2010 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  2008-08-28

From Al Kohler, 1 December 2010:

I am sad to inform you that our friend and Army-buddy, Jim Richey, passed away yesterday, November 30th.  Jim had several health problems - he was on daily dialysis for his kidneys and his heart was only functioning at about 20%.  But he remained as active as he could under the circumstances.

Ironically, I flew a driver to Ft. Hood Regional Airport on Monday to pick up a Volvo tractor that we had bought from the dealer in Waco, TX.  Jim and Marlene live in Mart, nearby, so I called Jim and asked if he was up to picking up our driver at the airport.  He said he was, and he did that for me.  I called to follow-up and to tell him my company would send him a check for his trip.  His daughter answered his cell phone and told me Jim had passed away yesterday.  I had just talked with him on Sunday and also had received a “mission accomplished” e-mail from him on Monday.  I spoke with Marlene and she said Jim was much more ill than he would admit to anyone but that he was pleased to have something useful to do for one of his friends.

Marlene said Jim was taking his regular afternoon nap on Tuesday and passed peacefully in his sleep.  I guess that’s the best we can ask for.  Funeral arrangements are incomplete but I will pass them along as soon as I know them.

Signature 

——————————————————————-
Glenn Miller - AA5PK
USAFSS/Rimbachvet Aug ‘72 - Jun ‘75

Posted: 01 December 2010 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1434
Joined  2008-08-18

Sorry to hear.

Signature 

6913th Security Squadron USAF
Rimbach, West Germany
1974-1975

Posted: 01 December 2010 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1916
Joined  2008-09-29

Prayers for the family.

Posted: 02 December 2010 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Weed
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-10-19

I spoke to Marlene earlier this evening.  The memorial service will be held at Parkview Baptist Church - E. Lake Shore Drive in Waco at 11AM Saturday.  The graveside service will be at Ridge Park Cemetary in Hillsboro, Tx at 2PM.  Deb and I are planning to attend one, if not both services.  Marlene said Jim would be pleased to see some faces from the past in the crowd.  Rest in Peace - Rimbacher.

Posted: 03 December 2010 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-28

James A. Richey, CW2, Ret., of Mart, passed away Nov. 30, 2010, at his home.  Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at Parkview Baptist Church in Waco.  Burial will follow at Ridgepark Cemetery in Hillsboro.  A world traveler and avid golfer, Jim was respected and loved dearly by all.  He will be truly missed.  Jim was the beloved husband of Marlene Richey; son of Bobbie R. Richey and the late W.J. Richey; father of Ben Richey and wife, Cindy, and Bobbie Miears and husband, Eric; Pepaw of Toni Briscoe and Papi of Allison; and brother of Tom Richey and wife, Nancy Soderman, and Wylanta Keeling and husband, Don.  Littlepage Funeral Home, Mart May 20, 1946 - November 30, 2010 Sign the Guest Book at http://www.wacotrib.com

Image Attachments
AlK19_medium.jpg227491_221025.jpg
 Signature 

——————————————————————-
Glenn Miller - AA5PK

Posted: 03 December 2010 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1916
Joined  2008-09-29

You should post a picture of him at Rimbach next to the one from the obit.

Posted: 03 December 2010 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-28

Good idea.  Done.

Signature 

——————————————————————-
Glenn Miller - AA5PK

‹‹ Chuck Haverlah      Robert Derham ››