Doug Jeansonne
Posted: 17 May 2011 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1434
Joined  2008-08-18

I received this today from Jeremiah Davis.

Bill,

I was wondering if you could post Doug Jeansonne’s name in the Taps section. Doug passed away more than a year ago, but i think he’d have liked to be remembered on the site. He was an ASA 05K (non-morse incpt op) who served with me in Rimbach in the summer of 1966 and later at Schneeberg. He was a very colorful character who was very close to Frau Wartner and her husband Tony at the Pension Schoenblick up on the hill. In fact, I think they had a kind of business arrangement to provide sandwiches and stuff for the guys at the site, which at that time was within walking disctance of The Blick. The obit is as follows:

Date: March 5th 2010

For all who had the memorable occasion to know Doug, he has gone to the final listening post. He will be most remembered for the wonderful Jeansonne Omlette at the Schoenblick!

DOUG JEANSONNE of Slidell, LA, passed away on Thursday, March 4, 2010.

Beloved husband of Evi Jeansonne for the past 42 years.

Father of Kristina Jeansonne Braud and husband Mark and Jean-Pierre Jeansonne and wife Kristina.

Son of the late Harold and Bernice Jeansonne.

Brother of Nancy Jeansonne Webre and the late Harold Michael Jeansonne, Jr.

Also survived by four grandchildren: Christopher Douglas Jeansonne, Brianna Elizabeth Jeansonne, Alyssa Nicole Jeansonne and Noelle Elisabeth Braud.

Age 67 years. A native of New Orleans, LA, and a resident of Slidell, LA, for the past 20 years. He served his country in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam era. After living overseas for many years, Doug settled in Slidell where he began the business of Pools ‘N Stuff. Doug was a wonderful husband and father who will be dearly missed.

Signature 

6913th Security Squadron USAF
Rimbach, West Germany
1974-1975

Posted: 24 May 2011 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2008-09-29

Sigh!  May he rest in peace.

Posted: 24 May 2011 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Weed
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-09-29

I never knew Doug but I sure enjoyed many, many omelettes named after him.  RIP

Signature 

USAFSS Czech linguist
Monterey/Hof/Rimbach
1966-1970
cool smile

Posted: 02 January 2013 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Weed
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-11-25

I had the pleasure of meeting Doug in basic at Ft. Jackson. As luck would have it we were to share every school and duty assignment afterward save for one venture to Almberg/Mauth in Sept of ‘66 that I participated in. Without a doubt “Doctor”
Doug Jeansonne remains the most unforgetable character I ever met. Always upbeat and always up to something. You had
better have your thinking cap on if you were in the presence of the Doctor, YOU could be next! I am so very glad we got
together in Columbus Ohio in 2002 along with Dick Routt, Jerry Davis and Phil Ward who is the Webmaster of schneebergvets.org.
http://www.schneebergvets.org/reunion2002/schmidts1.jpg
We passed many a good time together.
RIP old friend

Danny McGraw, HB ‘66

Posted: 04 January 2013 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2008-09-29

He was a true Rimbach legend.  He will be missed.

‹‹ Tim Ring      John C. Camp III ››