Iraq troop withdrawal
Posted: 22 October 2011 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-09-29

Well now that Obama has announced the withdrawal of all troops from Iraq before year’s end we should all be jumping for joy right? Trouble is,with unemployment already staggering what effect will this have on the economy.Will it free up DoD dollars to help combat unenployment or will it compound the problem by adding even more to the rolls of those without jobs.And for cmpanies like Sears who promised Nat. Guard troops their jobs when they returned what do they do with the “temps” they hired to fill in while we played war.Obama has had almost 3 years to broker a better deal than the one presented by W which guaranteed withdrawal by 12/31/2011 .If this is an attempt to build favor before the 2012 elections I would question the reasoning behind this.Certainly his strategists must realize the economy and jobs are the main concerns of the electorate at this time and adding thousands more to the ranks of the jobless would in my opinion hurt his chances at reelection.However at this point in time I see no viable Republican who really stands a chance to beat him.The losers once again? The American people.

Posted: 16 November 2011 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2008-09-29

I don’t think I have ever seen such a hate filled US and THEM scenario from any source any where in the world. Years of known public planning to remove our troops from a totally self made Republican war of zero necessity are now the Republicans excuse for not supporting the unemployed which their ideology caused in the first place. Oh gosh let a few hundred more troops die for the temp job holder? How sick can you get???
Lets keep our troops in danger to support the unemployment figures ... yeah a real Republican plan. Not on the agenda for a real US President though is it! Obama did what was necessary. No agreement in Iraq for USA’s treasure or their protection from Iraqi Religious prosecution ..lets get out. LETS GET OUT Bush guaranteed Bush Shit. Got us in with no plan and was so incompetent that there was no way to get out. Our troops are coming home from an extremist right wing war of no necessity. Time to be thankful we have a real President; concerned for We the People not We the Corporatti.

Signature 

Chad Rat
ASA 67-71

Posted: 16 November 2011 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2008-09-29

I believe the original time table for withdrawal was by the end of the year.. It was Bush’s original plan and accepted by the current administration.  The question remains if it is the correct time to with draw all troops.

Posted: 16 November 2011 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2008-09-29

John
I think you will find that the “administration” plan was always superseded by the generals AND CONGRESSIONAL WHIMS. What has really got us out on time was the Iraqi government refusing protections for US troops and Big O had the balls to call their bluff, both Republican and Iraqi and OUR TROOPS ARE COMING HOME. Time to celebrate and not vomit support for pathetic whinging that it harms the unemployed.

Signature 

Chad Rat
ASA 67-71

Posted: 16 November 2011 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-09-29

Jim,
Get over yourself with the self righteous indignation.Obama had over 2 years to withdraw the troops yet his “concern” for the troops only blossomed when his negotiating team failed to get an extension to the Bush brokered deal. And Congress as far back as 2005 had the power to cut funding for troops in Iraq yet failed to do so. So spare me the crocodile tears for the troops.Especially coming from you who oppose the “freebees” given to veterans and retired servicemen and women. It is normal for one to investigate the ramifications of one’s actions before carrying them out. There is nothing hateful about questioning the effects of a massive return of troops into an already troubled economy and I wonder if Obama took that into consideration before making his announcement. Was it coincidence the announcement came as his approval ratings sunk? Congress since day one has had the power to cut funding for Iraq and has failed to do so,bilaterally. Now when they decide to bring the troops home they also plan cuts in the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. Where’s the compassion there? So wave your flag and rah rah til you’re hoarse when the troops come home. But don’t come complaining when they are forced to take welfare or unemployment because they can’t find jobs or their jobs were eliminated and they can’t get medical or psychiatric care because of budget cuts.

Posted: 17 November 2011 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2008-09-29

Jim, I suppose we are not to have concern for those vets who went to war and came home physically disabled and with PTSD.  Who needs the military in peace time?  Who cares about the disabled veterans?  Too many freebees there?  Peace time!  We no longer need new equipment or career soldiers.  Bah! Humbug! Why there is no longer a reason to deploy troops to Europe, Asia or even Australia.  Bring them all home like we did after WWI and put them on welfare or digging ditches.