Courting anarchy
Posted: 29 November 2011 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2008-09-29

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Anthrax-death-Florida-US/2011/11/29/id/419373

I am shocked at this decision. It seems to mean that any one working any where at any time will make their employeers responsible for any thing they can contrive to do.

Stab a person with a pencil taken from work .... is the workplace responsible because they allowed the theft?

oh man - o - man

Signature 

Chad Rat
ASA 67-71

Posted: 29 November 2011 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1922
Joined  2008-09-29

Because there has been a lack of tort reform in the country, this is not an uncommon decision. Notice the government does not admit any fault, it’s just cheaper to pay the $$$ to the woman then continue the court action.

5 years in retail and I can’t tell you how many times we capitulated to irate customers about things that we really had no responsibility for.

Posted: 30 November 2011 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2008-09-29

Kaipo
The widow is not an irate retail customer and the problem which I raised here is the lack of logic as presented in the article. Is the legal system in the US begging for revision? yup I would say so, but as most laws, regulations, rules, guidelines, mandates authorisations and whatever else are written by lawyers and accountants I’m not going to hold my breath. I will however continue my right to protest regardless of wingnut disdain for such action.

Signature 

Chad Rat
ASA 67-71

Posted: 26 December 2011 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-09-29

“Stab a person with a pencil taken from work .... is the workplace responsible because they allowed the theft?”

Of course not silly.It’s the parents of the stabber for procreating and creating such a monster.
There is a law in Florida which allows you to use force of any type if you are in fear for your life.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/227260/250/No-charges-filed-in-Tampa-road-rage-case

I wonder how far that will be allowed to be stretched? Everything nowadays is always someone else’s fault.
“Honest judge, I am terrified of spiders and I thougt he had a spider in his hand so I shot him 77 times”