a cocky Democrat operative…
Posted: 17 September 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1936
Joined  2008-09-29

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you’re smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.

James Carville, Democrat activist

Posted: 11 March 2013 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
NCO
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-09-29

Kaipo, your post is a good illustration of Winston Churchill’s observation:  “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”  Carville never said that but your dishonest post has had 722 views.  See http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/carville.asp

Signature 

Bill Blaisdell
Det K
98G3LCZ
Jul 1969-Jan 1972

Posted: 12 March 2013 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1936
Joined  2008-09-29

It is interesting that snopes is the only web site that makes that claim…a google search of the the statement shows only web sites that agree and the lone disagreement is snopes…no liberal web sites saying it is wrong…none of the other hoax buster sites even mention it…
Is it true or is it not….

Posted: 18 March 2013 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
NCO
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-09-29

Kaipo,  Since you brought it up you have the responsibility to provide authentication.  This fake quote was too implausible to ever make it out of the right wing echo chamber and beyond people who exist in that wing nut bubble.  Most of the websites that posted this lie are pretty obscure sites that allow anonymous contributors to post items and sites with unmoderated bulletin boards.  I looked at a bunch of them and could find no date when he supposedly said this, no information as to the forum in which it was supposedly said - speech, opinion piece in a newspaper, TV interview, etc.  Right off the bat that makes any thinking person suspicious.  I did not find that Drudge and World Net Daily picked up the story either.  That would have been the usual next step to get the “quote” into circulation at Fox News.  Liberal sites don’t need to debunk something that is so implausible that even Fox won’t touch.  Snopes has earned credibility with this kind of thing.  Blz

Signature 

Bill Blaisdell
Det K
98G3LCZ
Jul 1969-Jan 1972

Posted: 16 July 2013 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2008-09-29

lol since when do little things like facts stop Kaipo.

Signature 

Chad Rat
ASA 67-71