Ron Malak
Posted: 29 October 2015 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1916
Joined  2008-09-29

Transposed from Facebook:

From Ande Ilao
Hello to all the amazing Rimbach Vets. I am sad to tell you that my father, Ronald Malak, passed away yesterday morning (10/27/15). I know that he was fundamentally involved in gathering the content (photos) for the website. Rimbach was where I was born and will always remain a cherished place in our memories and in our family.
We don’t have the details of when and where the service will be held yet but I will be happy to provide those details to anyone who might be interested. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Thank you for helping to honor this part of his life and the lives of all the soldiers of Rimbach through this page and the website.
God Bless.

Posted: 29 October 2015 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1434
Joined  2008-08-18

Ron apparently suffered a heart attack while getting ready for work on Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2015. His close friend and fellow Rimbacher Al Kohler provided more detail on his Facebook page.

To all - about 20 years ago Ron had some sort of heart infection coupled with congestive heart failure. I was aware then and we talked a lot while he was going through that. It was treated and controlled by medication and he was able to live on. Last year when I had my heart issues, Ron was one of the first to contact me after I was home recuperating and rehabbing. According to his daughter in a private message to me, he started feeling poorly a week ago, they changed his medications and he felt instantly better. He was supposed to follow up with his cardiologist next week. He was getting ready for work yesterday and his wife found him dead on the floor. Most likely a massive heart attack. His wife reported that he wanted cremation and no service. Personally, I’m very certain he’d expect us to have a party.

Notices and comments about Ron’s passing also can be found on the Rimbach Vets Facebook group, the Chechlings From DLIFLC Facebook group, and Al Kohler’s personal Facebook page, as well as Ron’s Facebook page, for those who may wish to comment there. Ron’s obituary at legacy.com can be reached here.

Signature 

6913th Security Squadron USAF
Rimbach, West Germany
1974-1975

Posted: 29 October 2015 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
DIRNSA
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1916
Joined  2008-09-29

Thanks for the post, Bill.

Posted: 23 January 2016 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Weed
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2016-01-21

Hey, since I just discovered the site, I just read this post about Ron… I clearly remember working with Ron, for many long hours on shift.  He was not only a great guy, but he was a real role model—friendly,
professional, knowledgeable, and hard-working.  At one point, when staffing was low in the “scribe shop,” Ron even tried to recruit me to work in that section… what a compliment!  I’ll never forget him.

Signature 

Gene Baker

Posted: 23 March 2016 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
NCO
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2008-09-29

Nice post Gene!

Signature 

Bill Blaisdell
Det K
98G3LCZ