Two Czechs Overnight at the Talblick
Posted: 20 September 2008 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1437
Joined  2008-08-18

Reported by Peter Fredin.

This is in addition to Blaisdell’s message where he mentioned the two Czechs who were given Doug Lindberg’s room at the Talblick.

The two Czechs showed up, somehow, at the Ratskeller where Rolf Kleber pawned them off on an inebriated me (Fredin). They were actually trying to connect with their father who had preceded them to BRD and who lived in Munich. The Czechs had planned to continue onward to Munich the following morning.

I managed to offer them lodging and we proceeded to Rimbach. Lindberg was off somewhere and so I gave them his room and sloshed off to my own. I slept through the BRD Grenzpolizei event (which some may remember quite vividly), but managed to be interrogated several times by our own sleuths.

I was banished back to Herzo base to work graveyard continuously for about five months. I think it also earned a minor Article 15. I did return (humbled and ecstatic) to Rimbach to finish out my enlistment.

Lesson learned: NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER OFFER DEFECTORS FROM A COMMUNIST COUNTRY A ROOF OVER THERE HEAD WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING WITH THE BRD GRENZPOLIZEI!

Signature 

6913th Security Squadron USAF
Rimbach, West Germany
1974-1975

‹‹ On OTSing      Of Mice and Men ››