Blues Inspection
Posted: 20 September 2008 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1434
Joined  2008-08-18

Reported by Kaipo Simplson.

Since we wore fatigues all the time, 1Sgt Cody decided we needed a “Blues” (dress uniform) inspection. Earlier that year, for Fasching, Kurt Laidlaw had purchased a “bald head with fake brown curly hair” wig. Kurt decided to wear the wig under his “saucer cap” to see what Cody or Major Businger would do. As I remember it, we were in the basement of the orderly room (in Pension Silberbauer), Kurt was in the 2nd or 3rd row, but in plain sight of the basement door. In walked Cody who called us to attention. Close behind him was the major. Cody saw the wig and starting turning red with anger, when about that time Maj. B saw Kurt. Just to help matters, Kurt took his cap off and grinned as only Kurt could. Maj. B turned, shaking his head and called Cody after him. So much for the inspection. Thanks Kurt, best formation I never stood.

Image Attachments
kurtbald.jpg
 Signature 

6913th Security Squadron USAF
Rimbach, West Germany
1974-1975

Posted: 26 August 2009 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Weed
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-02-04

I have some pictures of another dress blues inspection, so we must have had at least two.  Sandy was there doing the laundry (which was also in the basement of the Silberbauer) and took the pictures. Because of the rather lax standards on the hill, my hair was getting pretty long, so I had Sandy cut it for me before the inspection.  Major Buzz stepped up smartly, took one look at my hair and turned and told Sandy she was never to cut my hair again.  She hasn’t.

Posted: 26 August 2009 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1434
Joined  2008-08-18

LOL! Only in Rimbach!

Good one, Dave!

Signature 

6913th Security Squadron USAF
Rimbach, West Germany
1974-1975